2019年6月4日火曜日

An Illustrated Compendium of Untranslatable Words from Around the World

 Image
   I found out An Illustrated Compendium of Untranslatable Words from Around the World at the LLC.
   Actually, my sister had this book and I've read one. I love this book. So I'll introduce  you some words from this book.
Image
   "GEZELLIG" is Dutch. This means not only comfortable but also positive and warm feelings. For example, spend time with a loved one.
👩What a lovely word! I hope to spend this word many times in my life.
Image
   "KILIG" is Tagalog. This means the feeling that a butterfly is dancing in the stomach. Usually, you feel when something romantic or nice happens.
👩It feels like I can understand, but I can't understand. It's little wired, but interesting.
Image
   "PISAN ZAPRA" is Malay. This means time to eat a banana.
👩I think that this word is most funny illustrated compendium of untranslatable word in this book. My "PISAN ZAPRA" is about a minute🍌
Image

   "NUNCHI" is Korean. This means careful attention to secretly capture the feelings of others.
👩Korean mind and Japanese mind are somewhat similar.

   These are interesting, aren't they?

   At the and, I want to say to my future self. "You are FORELSKET!"
   If you want to know this meaning, you should read this book!





1 件のコメント:

  1. It sounds interesting. What happened to the pictures?
    Actually, it would be better to reduce the number of pictures to 2.

    返信削除